tisdag 2 november 2010

On the way, away...

Away I go
2010-11-02

This is my first trip alone, and to keep in touch with everybody I know (and dont know...) I thought it would be a good idea to start bloging about the trip. So here I am...

So, now I'm on the boat to Riga. It left Stockholm around 5 pm and will arrive in Riga around 11 Am. But what to do until the arrival?
I was thinking this would be a quite bad start because I really doesn't like to be trapped in a boat whit a bunch of dunked people but it is quite nice over here. I got a big room whit a window (even a tv, but who care?), there are quite cheep fika (sorry I don't know a English word for that and I never heard one either so I interduce this instead) and its calm here.

To tired to write so much, and there haven't happened so much... Just a boot trip since I left the ground in Sweden. Right now I using the free WiFi (slow!), feeling the waves under the boat, and thinking about eating something... I let the picture talk instead of me for a moment.

 My cabin:

from the window there.

The rest of the boat


Yeah right, you get richer when you buying their stuff...

Some food (cake 29 sek, sandwitch 19,20 sek):


Just me:

And now the view:
in habour:


leaving the habour:
 



Update
I feeling very seasick! The boat is going up and down the whole time. It is not nice, not at all! I'm now in my cabin, but there are no contact whit the WiFi here so I guess this will be publicised later on, but there was a longer range of it than I had imaged (of what Mattias told me). Well, still time for food, I think.

Update 2: It wasn't time for food, it were time to get some sleep.  Even thou the clock only was 9 pm (latvian time!) i was really tired... And its good for me in many was, one is that my days begin very early a lot of days, my buses and train will sometimes leave around 7 and 8 am so its good to be awake this time (little earlier than 6 am) :). One other thing along the rest is that my seasickness disapered when I was lying down in my bed and just felted the waves under me and listened to the sound of then. Now in the morning the sea seams to be a lot calmer so I don't even feel the waves any more.Now time for a movie, some breakfast and then a shower, putting my stuff in to the bag again, find WiFi and update this and then some studying before the arrival to Riga.
It weals like I'm finally travelling, I have missed that feeling until last night. But I feel more calm than ever, more enjoyable and less tens about it.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Fika is a correct english word. Its imported from Swedish. That is what most english speaking exchange students in Sweden say as well.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fika_(coffee_break)

    Happy traveling :).

    SvaraRadera
  2. (eXXin=Erik G. old internet nick)

    SvaraRadera
  3. The reason to why you weren't feeling the waves in the morning was most likely that you already had left open sea ;) But it is really nice lying down and feeling the waves, right? Did you try to do as I said and imagine that you were crossing them with your feet first? It is terrible ;)

    Have fun!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I might, but I tried to think about me flute on the waves instead and that helped.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Aha, I know that most Swedish exchange student say fika but most people don't know the meaning of is (and my spelling program don't recognize it either)

    SvaraRadera